Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Atari 2600 and Me.


I like video games. One might even say that I love them. However, these days I don't have must spare time to rock out on a video game. I own a couple of systems with games for each of them. But they mostly just sit and wait for the day when I can really dive into my library. With this in mind I try not to purchase any new games or systems because I don't have the time, so why spend the money right? WRONG.

About a month ago I was invited to a friend's home for a BBQ out in Jersey. My boys from HHK were excellent hosts and one in particular started a small fire in me (pause). While in his room I noticed his Atari 2600 game collection. I haven't played one since I was a kid and even then I recognized the strength of some of those games. Sure graphically they weren't much but some of those games had great replay value. We went downstairs and played a little track and field and it was there that my love for the Atari was reborn.

Upon my arrival home I immediately went on eBay looking for a good deal on a 2600 system. I had one problem though. I knew that I didn't need any new/old video game system. Remember, I'm mister "I don't have time". The only way I was gonna get this Atari was it would have to be a great deal. So I found one. One person was selling an Atari 2600 with two controllers, two paddle sticks, full cord set and 14 games for 30 bucks. Plus they included a cracked class cover for the system. I went in bidding for it. I watched the time and carefully plotted my way to win this system. I decided I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for it and in the end that's what I got it for.

So I Dashaun J. Simmons am now once again the proud owner of an Atari 2600. Feel like playing some pitfall, or space invaders? Come on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment