Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spike Lee and Spinna Tag Team For MJ



If you didn't know what you're doing on August 29th, now you do. Critically Acclaimed Director Spike Lee is paying tribute the King of Pop on his date of birth. The place to be is Ft. Greene Park from 12 noon until 5pm. The heavens will shake as we dance the sun into submission. DJ Spinna will be on the 1s and 2s doing what he does best (controlling the feet of any and all dancers in a 5 block radius).

I'm getting a little leery of so many "lets celebrate Michael" parties. I know he's the greatest and people want to express their love and respect for the man. However there are some out there who are just trying to profit off of his name and I don't respect that. Thus you wont see me at their events. This particular party has me really excited. Spike Lee actually worked with the man while he was alive. He's been a long time fan of Michael and I appreciate him doing something like this at the head of Brooklyn.

So if your a Brooklynite and a MJ fan like me I'll save you a spot in the park to boogie. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment