Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The City Stops For Snow!?!?


I've been living in New York City all my life. I've gone to public school and dealt with all types of obstacles. When I first heard news of a blizzard possibly hitting the city this week I thought, "cool, we get to throw some snowballs". Then I started hearing people talking about how they can't make it to work. After that, the city declared the schools would be closed before it even started snowing. This whole affair just seems weak to me. I've been through a number of snow storms and I don't remember every having school canceled.

So this morning I wake up and prepare like I normally do to head to Manhattan for work. I look out the window and see the snow falling and I see the streets already plowed. Fine, the city is acting as it should and staying on top of things. Then I get a text from a co-worker asking if I'm attending work today. I reply of course and scoff at the idea of staying home while the trains are working fine. While on the train heading over the Manhattan Bridge I receive a text from the aforementioned co-worker and a second friend telling me to go home, the office has been officially closed. Instead of feeling happy I get a bit sad. To me it just reflects another blow to the spirit of this great city. Now something as common as SNOW has caused the administration of NYC to hit a state of paralysis. It's sad.

I guess a day of watching anime and playing video games will have to make up for it. *kanye shrug*

No comments:

Post a Comment