Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The Gentrification Of Brooklyn : The Pink Elephant Speaks



I've been getting the word about this art show from a couple of friends in different circles. It's going to be at MOCADA so it should be really dope. I know my friend Ali Santana is contributing a video piece. If you've been following my writings at all you should know that I'm not a fan of the rapid change that's been happening in Brooklyn. While some things have been to the good, (healthier choices for eateries, more outlets for art) others have not been (displacement of people, higher rents, smug outsider inhabitants).

I'm looking forward to this exhibit providing a unique look into these issues and many more.
I'll see you there.


MOCADA

Opening "Set it Off" Reception
Thursday, February 4, 2010
6:00pm - 9:00pm Free to the public
MoCADA (80 Hanson Place, Brooklyn, NY)






No comments:

Post a Comment