Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Last Day Of School


Today is my last day at work before the holiday break, and it feels like the last day of school. The office is occupied by folks who ran out of days off and we have to work. Jokes are flying everywhere and sexual innuendo is in the air (which is normal I suppose). I'm planning a day of finishing my work and having a grand lunch with the crew.

I'm taken back to the days of skipping class to go to lunch just because it's the end of the semester. The order of the day was playing spades with my friends at the lunch table, and rhyming until the period was over. I would have an hour long discussion on who was gonna make the playoffs in the NBA every December as early as it was. Some folks would bring small radios in and we'd jam while we at those cheeseburgers (I loved those cheeseburgers) and fries. The rest of the day would be split between going to class and roaming the halls dodging security. That's exactly what I feel like doing today.

I just want to walk the halls with some of my co-workers and cause mayhem. A few hours to go and there's still a bit of work to be done. But lets be honest we've all checked out. Nobody is mentally here, I hear laughter all around and people with luggage next to their desks. All in all I have a warm feeling inside and I feel that today will be OK, but that could just be the chili from last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment