Friday, January 22, 2010

Being a Jets Fan


I've been a fan of the NY Jets since I've known there was a game called football. I don't know what started this abusive relationship exactly. I guess it doesn't really matter because after 30 years and no championships between myself and the Jets, the chain remains. I remember the days of watching Al Toon play for Gang Green. We weren't winning much then and in the new millennium not much has changed... UNTIL NOW BABY!

I don't claim to be the biggest Jets fan. I'm not. I don't even follow football that much anymore simply because the Jets lose often and there's only so much heartbreak a man can take. However this season I happened to have an HDTV, which if you didn't know forces you to watch football. In watching the games this season I saw a team with strong defense and a young QB willing put in the effort. This was not the same team that let me down last year with Brett Favre. And now after all the nay saying from inside and outside the team (yeah I'm looking at you coach lol) they are in the AFC championship.

This Sunday I plan to sit down with the Jets glasses my mother got me for the holiday (How do Mothers always know?) and watch a great game. Do I want my team to win yes. Will it be hard as hell to beat the Colts, YES. Ultimately I think the Jets know that they have already beat out the expectations of most people. I salute my fellow Jets fans. To those of you who watch every game and paint yourselves green, I leave the analysis to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment