Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Time Waits For No Man


Over the holidays I spent time with my family like most people do. There was a moment where I was talking with my 8 year old nephew and almost started to tear. It hit me that he's 8 years old now and I still remember when I held him in my hands.

We sometimes expect the people who are in our lives today to be there tomorrow and that's not always the case. Usually we reflect on this type of thought when someone passes on, but I say there's no time like the present. Give that extra long hug just because you'll miss it when they're gone.

The children in our lives will not be children forever. There will come a time when they no longer want to play sports with you, or just want to be with you. Childhood is a special time and I think as adults we have an opportunity to enrich that time. Play table tennis or take your young ones to the park and play with them. A little race up the block never hurts. Just don't wait until they become teenagers and you start to loose touch.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment