Friday, January 29, 2010

Calm Before The Storm


Sometimes we have something to do and we have to prepare for it. The way I prepare is I totally still my body. I slow down my breathing so that I get the full meditation out of every breath. Then when I feel calm I go out and do my best. It's in these times that I remember, nothing in the world is permanent. With knowing that, I find myself in a better space to let go of things. I am in a space to accept change and remain swift and changeable myself.

I will carry this mind state with me to Irving Plaza tonight where I along with 11 great folks will perform in front of many of our friends and family. When the moment hits I will fully enjoy and stay engaged...until it's over. Even the greatest moment is impermanent and thus you must let go.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment