Tuesday, April 20, 2010

R.I.P. Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal (GURU)

What can I say that hasn't been said? The man from Boston who blessed Brooklyn with his presence is now gone in the physical form. Being a hip hop head from Brownsville, Brooklyn I've always loved the music of Gangstarr. How two folks with origins outside of NY could come to Brooklyn, and create musical heaven is beyond me. East New York mourns the loss of Guru the great.

What is his legacy? I wont comment on the uncertain things out there regarding a certain producer. What I will say is, because of GURU I know that lemonade was a popular drink. Some would say that its "mostly the voice" that cements his legacy. I think it's a man who thought to push boundaries beyond what the corner cats would dig and still kept them with him. Jazzmatazz was a great idea that he made a reality. Let us celebrate the life of Keith Elam aka GURU.














No comments:

Post a Comment