Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dropbox comes to the iPhone



Looking at one of my favorite blogs Lifehacker I ran across this great piece of news. One of my favorite software items is now available for the iPhone/iTouch as an app. The software is called Dropbox. I'm sure a few of you have heard me talking about this program for a minute now. My good friend K Dub put me up on it a little over a month ago. I've been all about it ever since and even hooked it up on my mother's computer.

You see Dropbox works just like any other folder on your PC or Mac. The trick is this folder (or set of folders) starts out with a free 2 Gigs of space and has the same content no matter where you are. So say you set up Dropbox on your home computer, and also set it up on your work computer. You just did 80% of a project and would like to finish it at home, however it's too big to email. Place this file on Dropbox. When you get home you open up Dropbox and you are looking at the same folder from your job containing your project. Say goodbye to flash drives my friends.

You can also log on from any computer with internet access by logging into the Dropbox website and reach your folder that way without installing anything.
And now that good folks at Dropbox have created an app to keep the good times rolling. I'm downloading this bad boy tonight. P.S. Just so you know, I installed Dropbox on my mother's PC so that when she needs new music for the iPod I bought her, I can just place it on my shared folder in Dropbox (which I gave her access to) and she can just pull it down. Cuts down on my traveling during the week.
Get Drop Box

Your Welcome
(Oh and hit me up dashaun@mothergreen.com for a referal so I can get my Dropbox size up. That's right with every person you get to sign up you get more free space)

No comments:

Post a Comment