Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye Goes Wild But He's No Ol Dirty

Let me start out by saying I don't watch cable much. I haven't seen MTV in almost a year if not more. However I couldn't get away from the VMAs last night on twitter. And when Kanye West got up on stage and made himself look even less classier than normal (as if possible) my stomach sank a little bit. I just couldn't believe he took it upon himself to completely ruin that young lady's moment. But then why is that, it isn't like this is the first time he's done this. He's a complainer and has been from the moment he got a mic in his hand. Kanye's whole shtick is "look at me! look at me!" which is what an entertainer is supposed to do however he does it with no holds barred. Kanye doesn't care if blood is left on the dance floor as long as he has his moment.

While on Twitter I saw someone mention Kanye set black people back 40 years. I also saw someone mention how this action was a negative reflection on black entertainers. What the hell are these people talking about? Kanye is a jerk because Kanye is a jerk. There are plenty of jerks in the world of all colors (not as many on Kanye's level but you get my point). What he did had nothing to do with him being black. It had everything to do (IMO) with him thinking the world owes him something. But who are we kidding, this will all blow over and his next album will drop and yall will all go and buy it (I haven't copped since Late Registration).

My final point is this wasn't even the greatest grandstanding moment at an awards show. That #1 spot my friends goes to the late great Ol Dirty Bastard. Dirty dissed Puff at his height after B.I.G died two awards or so after Wu Tang lost. This was AT THE GRAMMYS! Chew on that one.




No comments:

Post a Comment