Sunday, May 03, 2009

Jazz on a Sunday Morning

I'm a person who likes to tradition. For instance once I discovered my favorite turkey burger spot in NYC BLT Burger, I pretty much ONLY go there for my burger. I get the same thing every time (T. Burger, waffle fries and a strawberry shake). I'm told it's a Taurus trait that we stick with what we love. Eh.

That being said this Sunday I started out watching Like It Is with Gil Noble and then tuned on some Jazz. First was Ahmad Jamal then Donald Byrd, rounding off with Miles Davis. I think Sundays are perfect for playing some Jazz. This will probably become a new ritual for me. Sundays with some Jazz. After my last trip to Japan I was immersed into way more jazz than I knew about previously. I still have a LONG way to go though. Sunday being for most a day of rest I think it's the perfect music to slip into that mode.

So for those of you who are not knowing about which songs to play so you can get your Jazz Sunday's jump started, check the following jams out.


Ahmad Jamal - I Love Music - Ahmad Jamal


All Blues - John Coltrane, Miles Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment