Monday, July 13, 2009

It's A Family Affair



This past weekend my Grandmother (on my mother's side) came up from North Carolina to spend time with the family. So the NY part of the family got together out in Long Island at my aunt's house in Central Islip for a good ole BBQ. I got to see some family I haven't seen in AGES! Hell my uncle Vinton was the reason I got heavy into computers. When he and my aunt got together I loved going over to their house in Queens and playing Olympic Games on the Commodore 64.

Now here we are in 2009 and my Grandmother is a Great-Grandmother. I was her first Grandchild so we always had a special bond. It's ill what you can learn from being around the elders of your family. Nana (as we call her) got to talking about delivering her baby without much help from the doctors (she had 8 kids). We had Turkey burgers and regular burgers on the grill. Plus there were some ribs (not for me) and corn on the cobb all cooked on Propane (God's gas according to Hank Hill).

Just sitting back and watching my nephew play in the pool along with his sister took me back to my childhood. Watching my mother, Grandmother and Uncle sing along to the Main Ingredient almost brought a tear to my eye. There were four generations of my family together under the sun, now THAT is a miracle and miracles are the way things ought to be! (c) Cyrus of the Gramercy Riffs.

Here's a couple of pics taken by myself and Shino on the point and shoot.









No comments:

Post a Comment